As there are many models and types of NEMA 34 stepper motor driver, users should pay attention to the selection, so that they can choose the products they need with the best performance and the lowest price.
Selection principle of NEMA 34 stepper motor driver:
1. Firstly, the torque required by the stepper motor to drag the load is determined.
The simplest way is to add a lever on the load shaft, pull the lever with a spring scale, and the tension multiplied by the arm length is the load torque. Or it can be calculated theoretically according to the load characteristics.
As the stepper motor is a control type motor, the maximum torque of the commonly used stepper motor is not more than 45nm. The larger the torque is, the higher the cost is. If the torque of the motor you choose is larger or exceeds this range, you can consider the acceleration and deceleration device.
2. Determine the maximum operating speed of the stepper motor.
The speed index is very important in the selection of stepper motor. The characteristic of stepper motor is that the torque decreases with the increase of motor speed. The speed of the decrease is related to many parameters, such as the driving voltage of the NEMA 34 stepper motor driver, the phase current of the motor, the phase inductance of the motor, the size of the motor, etc; The larger the phase current of the motor, the slower the torque drop. In the design, the motor speed should be controlled within 600 rpm or 800 rpm.
3. According to the load maximum torque and the maximum speed of these two important indicators, and then refer to the "torque frequency characteristics", you can choose your own stepper motor.
If you think the motor you choose is too large, you can consider adding and reducing gear, which can save cost and make your design more flexible. In order to choose the right reduction ratio, the relationship between torque and speed should be considered comprehensively, and the best scheme should be selected.
4. Finally, a certain (such as 50%) torque margin and speed margin should be considered.
5. You can choose hybrid stepper motor first, if due to price factors, you can choose reactive stepper motor.
6. Try to select subdivision drive and make it work in subdivision state.
7. When selecting NEMA 34 stepper motor driver, do not go into the misunderstanding of only looking at the motor torque, that is to say, the greater the motor torque is, the better. It should be considered together with the speed index.