Difference Between 48v Brushless DC Motor and Brushed Motor
1. When the brushed motor is working, the coil and commutator rotate, the magnetic steel and carbon brush does not rotate, and the alternating change of coil current direction is completed by the commutator and brush that rotate with the motor.
2. 48v brushless dc motor consists of a motor body and driver, which is a typical mechatronics product. Since the 48v brushless dc motor operates in an auto-control mode, it will not have additional start windings on the rotor like a synchronous motor which starts under heavy load under variable frequency speed control, nor will it produce oscillation and out-of-sync when the load abruptly changes.
3. Brushed motor is a traditional product with stable performance. Brushless motors are upgraded products with better live performance than brushed motors. However, its control circuit is complex, and the requirements for the aging screening of components are strict.
4. Brushless motor equipment can be used in the dairy industry, brewing industry, meat processing industry, bean processing industry, beverage processing industry, pastry processing industry, pharmaceuticals industry, electronic precision factory, and some other more demanding dust-free workshops, such as DIHOUR brushless motor dryer produced by Dior Electric Appliances, which is more used in factories.
5.The brush motor can only be used in areas where the requirement is not too high for all kinds of toilets, but it cannot be used in dust-free and explosion-proof workshops!
6. Lifetime, the brushless motor can work for about 20,000 hours continuously, and normal life is 7-10 years. Carbon brush motor: It can work for about 5000 hours continuously and has a normal service life of 2-3 years.
7. In terms of energy saving, the brushless motor consumes only 1/3 of the energy of the carbon brush.
Performance comparison between 48v brushless dc motor and the brush motor
1. Great friction and loss Some friends often encounter this problem when they use a brush motor. That is, after using the motor for a period of time, they need to turn on the motor to clean up the brushes of the motor, which takes time and effort to maintain and is no less intensive than a household cleaning.
2. High heat output and short life due to the structure of the brush motor, the contact resistance between the brush and the commutator is very large, causing the overall resistance of the motor to be large and easy to heat up. The permanent magnet is a thermally sensing element. If the temperature is too high, the magnetic steel will be demagnetized, which will degrade the performance of the motor and affect the life of the brush motor.
3. Low efficiency and low output power The brush motor heating problem mentioned above is largely due to the current work on the internal resistance of the motor, so the energy is converted to heat to a large extent, so the output power of the brush motor is not large and the efficiency is not high.
Advantages of 48v brushless dc motor
1. Brushless, low interference brushless motors remove brushes. The most direct change is the absence of sparks generated when the brushless motor is running, which greatly reduces the interference of sparks on remote control radio equipment.
2. Low noise, smooth operation brushless motor without brushes, greatly reduce friction during operation, smooth operation, much lower noise, this advantage is a huge support for the stability of model operation.
3. Long life, low maintenance costs, and fewer brushes. Brushless motor wear is mainly on bearings. From a mechanical point of view, a brushless motor is almost a maintenance-free motor, when necessary, only do some dust removal maintenance.
From the next comparison, you can know where the advantages of the brushless motor are compared with brushless motor, but everything is not absolute. The Brushless motor has excellent low-speed torque performance, large torque, and other performance features that are irreplaceable. However, as for the convenience of brushless motor use, with the trend of cost reduction of the brushless controller and the development of brushless technology at home and abroad, competing with the marketThis also greatly promotes the development of brushless motor in China.
From a trend point of view, brushless dc motor deceleration may replace brushed deceleration motor
1. Scope of application: Brushless motor: Usually used in equipment with high control requirements and high speed, such as aeronautical models, precision instruments, and so on, which have strict control on motor speed and high speed. In addition, the most advanced dryer now has a high cost of motor and controller, so the more advanced equipment will be used later. Carbon brush motors: Brush motors are commonly used in power equipment, such as blowers, factory motors, domestic smoke extractors, etc. In addition, the speed of series excitation motors can also be very high, but due to the wear and tear of the carbon brushes, the life of brushless motors is not as good.
2. Lifetime of brushless motor: Usually life is in the order of tens of thousands of hours, but due to the different bearings, the life of the brushless motor is also very different.Carbon brush motor: Usually brush motors have a continuous working life of several hundred to more than 1000 hours, when they reach the limit of use, they need to be replaced, otherwise they can easily cause bearing wear and tear.
3. Use effect brushless motor: usually digital frequency conversion control, strong controllability, from a few turns per minute to tens of thousands of turns per minute can be easily achieved. Carbon brush motor: Brushless motor usually works at a constant speed after starting, speed control is not easy, the series motor can also reach 20,000 rpm, but its life will be shorter.
4. In terms of energy-saving and environmental protection, a brushless motor controlled by frequency conversion technology will save a lot of energy than the series motor, the most typical of which is frequency conversion air conditioning and refrigerator.
5. Carbon brush motor needs to be replaced in future maintenance. If the brush motor is not replaced in time, it will cause damage to the motor, but the brushless motor has a long life, which is usually more than 10 times longer than a brushed motor, but if it is damaged, it needs to be replaced, but it is not necessary for daily maintenance.
6. Noise has nothing to do with whether or not there is a brush motor. It mainly depends on the combination of bearing and clicking on internal components.